Thursday, June 3, 2010

Musical Catfish

I have to tell you that I have the best husband in the world. He's really intentional about me knowing at all times how special I am to him. I know ladies- every woman's dream. :-)

So my birthday was Saturday (May 22nd), and he had all kinds of things planned for me. What I like about his surprises is that they're always based on what I really like; they're not cookie-cutter at all.

So my first surprise was breakfast (belgian waffles and turkey bacon) and then a trip to the Farmer's Market (because I love Farmer's Markets), and the evening was comprised of a dinner and a movie (which I LOVE). The afternoon, though, was the highlight of the day.

All Saturday morning, EJ kept telling me that we were going to get catfish. Now I don't mind catfish, but it's not something we've ever purchased for our home. I actually can't even remember the last time I consumed catfish. But he kept saying we were going to get it at 2pm. The time came to leave our house for our catfish at 2pm. We arrived at some place where he made me close my eyes a block before, and he led me into... Guitar Center. At this point, I'm getting excited. We get to the front counter, and EJ tells me to ask for "catfish." I tell him, no way, but he encourages me a second time to do so. I follow instructions, and the woman says, "sure," enthusiastically and proceeds to call for "catfish" over the intercom.

We were led to the back, and lo and behold... There was a salesman named Catfish who led me through choosing my first acoustic guitar! I've been wanting an acoustic guitar for some time now, and I guess my hubby has been paying attention! I plan to take lessons soon, but for now, free lessons on youtube will have to suffice. I'll keep you updated on my progress! :-D

Isn't my hubby the best EVER?!

3 comments:

  1. Yes He Is Baby Sister...and Happy Birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't, at all, what I thought this post would be about.....it's so much better! Well done li'l bro, and Happy birthday again, Janice! :-)

    ~D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, mine is the best ever!!! :) But kudos to you EJ... beyond cool :)!

    ReplyDelete