Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The saints told me to "be ye always ready...."

Has anyone else ever used this statement in a joke?

So, Gospel Heritage Praise and Worship Conference 2010.  My hubby, E.J. Gaines (also known as the Gospel Pundit) was set to speak on a couple of panels at this conference last week.  I was going to support him and be a good wifey, right?

We get to the conference, and he speaks on a panel.  He was WONDERFUL!  I mean, he did his thing.  Before the next panel discussion, though, we (along with the other panelists) were ushered into a private room to eat lunch.  It was a pretty large room with several smaller rooms off of it.  After about 15 minutes, a booming voice and very tall figure comes out of one of the smaller rooms labeled "Interview Room."  It's Donnie McClurkin. 

Now, I had met Donnie McClurkin before, and he was very nice with encouraging words for my journey.  I went over just to say hello, and within 30 seconds, he had invited me to lead Praise and Worship with him.

I was more nervous than I can explain with this keyboard.   I led part of worship that night, and learned that I really have to be ready for anything at anytime in this journey!  It went well, could've gone better (I'm my worst critic), but I was so grateful for the opportunity.  The statement I have ALWAYS used jokingly kinda became a lesson for me last week.  Figures.  God usually does me this way. lol

1 comment:

  1. It was a very cool experience and I love that God is sweet enough to give little glimpses of what's to come. Plus, what an awesome God we serve-- when He's doing something, He's DOING SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete