Monday, September 27, 2010

Flippant Repentant

This is literally a page from my journal that I wanted to share with you all. The Lord brought to my attention yesterday through my church service that I had been a bit flippant concerning some of my sins and how they broke God's heart in the past. I had been so eager to receive His grace, that I hadn't taken much time to repent properly and completely. I wept, and these were the words that came from my weeping:

Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness towards me. You love me so much that You wait years for my heart to break over how I've broken Yours. You patience is beyond measure.

You extend grace to me when my sinfulness encompasses me. You show me grace even when I snatch it like an entitled child, only concerned with my benefit.

You love me in my ignorance and patiently wait until I'm mature enough to receive more of Your Truth-all the while holding no good thing from me.

Who is like the Lord? Your kindness is beyond my understanding. Your patience is unfathomable. And Your Love-ahhh, Your Love for me is immeasurable. I only know it in it's pieces-as You express it to me. But I'm sure I would literally crumble to pieces if I but got a glimpse of it's whole right now.

Which makes sense, because You, Yourself are Love; and to see You in all Your glory right now would surely mean my end. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment