Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Math Nerd Coming Through

Ok, this is where I shamelessly admit that I enjoy math. In fact, my husband and I may or may not have met in a very math and science-filled setting. ;-) With that, there are some concepts the Lord teaches me about Himself through math concepts. It's really nerdy, but true.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm doing the Beth Moore Daniel study with the woman's group at my church, and it is PHENOMENAL! The overarching theme of God's sovereignty and His thorough plan for mankind is shining through this study so potently.

The study today highlighted the timeline of the earth that God not only planned and put in place, but He also shared parts of that plan with Daniel through the visions he received in the second half of the Book of Daniel. A lot of what was prophecy for Daniel is now history for us. Pretty cool stuff.

Right after leaving the study, the Lord impressed upon me how attentive He is to the details in my life. It made me think: How in the world does He manage the overarching timeline of the earth as well as the tiny timeline that is my life?! And not only that, but He manages the tiny timelines of everyone's life.

Now this is where the math comes in. What we call the number line is just a line that gives us a visual of numbers and where they are in relation to one another. We can see that 1 comes before 2, which comes before 3. Every point, or number, on the number line is said to have an infinite number of points between it and the next point. I may have just lost you, but it just means that between the numbers 2 and 3 are the numbers 2.1, 2.11, 2.111, and so on... to infinity, but none lower than 2 and none higher than 3. This is a great picture of God managing the overall timeline of the earth (the 1's, 2's and 3's) and managing each of our lives, our overwhelmingly large number of lives in between.

He is the God that stands outside of time and moves His own plan through time brilliantly. He is the Master of the timeline. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

  1. As a fellow math nerd (and your hubby), I TOTALLY get this. :-) Excellent illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquelyn Reddick-JonesOctober 28, 2010 at 8:11 PM

    Magnificently simplified...So complex, yet so simple...Yes, i get it also...Luv ya much, sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your insight and analogy were so divinely inspired that I simply have to chime in on this one. I, too, have often thought about the timeline of our respective lives and the intricacies that God manages for all of us on the regular. You have described it so well that even a math phobic, such as myself, can embrace the concept. :-) Love it!

    Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete