Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What a difference a year makes

Today it's official.  My dear hubby has passed his cold on to me.  Marriage is about becoming one, right?  I was sitting here annoyed by my nasal drip thinking about how different my life has become.

Last year this time, I was teaching math to seventh graders in the Bronx.  I didn't care as much if I got sick.  I would take time off if I absolutely needed to, but other than that, I would just traipse to school/work with an extra cup of tea or lozenges.  This year, though, being sick must be kept to a minimum.  Women of Faith isn't paying me to be raspy with a limp disposition.  I have to be ready to sing at my first Women of Faith conference next weekend (including the rehearsals the days before).  The only time I had to sing last year was on "Fun Fridays" (a special singing/dancing afternoon I planned for my students-- if they behaved all week) or informally on Sunday mornings at our church.

So, here's to lots of tea, less dairy, more fruits and veggies and lots of Airborne!

2 comments:

  1. BE HEALED!!!!! did it work?? LOL!! Praying for a quick recovery sis. As I was reading I began to think about some of our conversations at Oberlin when we use to laugh and joke about me traveling the country preaching and you traveling the country singing...well, its 2010 and those are no longer funny stories but present day realities. I said all that to say keep dreaming sis...what we laugh at today could be reality tomorrow...love ya...Louis3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so why in the world didn't I know you were blogging. Apparently I have been checked out all together. My apologies! Go 'head! :) Praying for you to get better soon! I was battling it the weekend before last. No fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete