Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... hopefully!

If you weren't aware, I travel with the Women of Faith Conference (Imagine tour) as a member of the worship team.  And I must tell you that I LOVE my job!  I have so much fun with all of the women on weekends when the conference is held, whether it be the speakers on the "Porch" or the women that come to the arenas to be blessed by what has been planned for them. 

This past weekend, we were in Las Vegas.  I'm sure you're thinking, really?  Women of Faith went to Las Vegas?!  We absolutely did, and it was wonderful!  The women there were so receptive of what we had to give from every moment of worship to the deepest moments of an emotionally heavy drama.  These women were all-in! 

During the very first worship set of the weekend on Friday morning, I noticed an African-American woman with a red top in the aisle freely dancing to every song we sang!  She was magnificent!  I know the Lord used her to boost my energy just by seeing her freedom in the Lord.  I thought to myself, that much freedom stems from great desperation somewhere along the way.  It was beautiful.

Our dramatist Nicole Johnson said something special:  She said that the city of Las Vegas is known as Sin City, but where sin is, God's grace abounds that much more.  I love that.

By the time the Women of Faith team left Las Vegas, those women looked as though they had been changed, refreshed and renewed.  I'm grateful that the Lord really used every person on this team to deposit something in that city, and those people in it, that will sustain them until His next refreshing.  That's something that happened in Vegas that I really wouldn't mind staying in Vegas!

Aside: And Natalie Grant and Mandisa brought some FLAWLESS vocals in their concerts!  Those ladies can SANG!!!  lol

6 comments:

  1. Surfed over here just now basically because Mary Graham told me to. (OK, not directly, but she clearly likes you enough to send out a general invitation to drop by!) :)

    I *LOVE* this post. Thank you! Honestly, I always feel a little spiritually uneasy when I visit Las Vegas (as if a prostitute, Satan, an adulteress, and a shifty cult evangelist are going to spend the entire trip begging for my attention in line at the 99-cent buffet), but this shows me a side of Vegas that's alive and godly. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you share these experiences! Though I miss you every time you're away, you KNOW that I'm grateful to God for these opportunities. I love to see you work for His Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Thanks for coming to check it out, Jeff! Mary Graham is the best. It's no wonder everyone loves her.

    I'll be checking our your blog! It's nice to "meet" you here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks, EJ (Hubby)! You're sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how wonderful to know that you are totally happy where God has placed you. That doesn't happen to everyone, and even when it does, we are sometimes removed from that post for a special time of growth. You had that time of growth and now look what the Lord has done! The fact that you are sharing how God continues to bless you and those around you is wonderful Little Sister. I understand EJ's comment...I miss you too, but reading your blog will enable me to fill a void I have for my Sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice,

    I don't know if you remember me--Michelle Russell, Ashland, friend of Linda Gaines. You were at my home a couple of times. I just returned this evening from Women of Faith in Columbus. Heard many including Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman. It was a wonderful time and I told Linda I would love to see you in your element. This really seems to suit you. Congratulations and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete