Friday, December 17, 2010

Blankets, Oatmeal and a Good Book

I've been on Mandisa's Christmas tour for the last several weeks, and it occurs to me that I've not shared as much about it with you as I'd like. I MUST tell you about this regular experience on a tour bus. Shout out to my homie, Laura Cooksey, who showed me the ropes concerning all-things-tour-bus.

First of all, it's freezing! Apparently, "a cold bus is a healthy bus," but I can't always tell! I know the cold kills germs, but I'd like a little coziness sometimes. ;-) So, I bring my thick, black blanket along to capture all of the heat and keep me warm.

Another cozy item I bring along is my ziploc container of oatmeal. I generally eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast, and I don't see why having breakfast on a tour bus should change that. I bring along my cinnamon and agave nectar and work it out!

Now, if you ever find yourself on a tour bus, pray that you're on it with amazing people. I am, and it makes all of the difference. Conversation with Mandisa and her crew is hilarious and thought-provoking. I love these folks. :-) There comes a time, though, when no one will feel like talking, and there's no need to take it personally. I just turn to my trusty third item--a good book. Now, I personally prefer a good one by C. S. Lewis. He has very creative ways of reminding us about Christian truths that I truly can't get enough of. I just cozy on up in my book and enjoy a good read.

That's my tour bus experience in a nutshell. :-) BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment: