Friday, December 17, 2010

Taking It and Running with It

If you've been reading my blog, then you know that I did Beth Moore's Daniel study with the women at my church. I'm currently on a tour bus with Mandisa and the rest of her band, and I thought I'd reread all of Daniel with my newly gained knowledge and perspective.

I read chapter two again, and I was reminded about the dream God gave King Nebudchadnezzar about the kingdoms of the earth--Nebudchadnezzar's and those to come. In the dream was a physical statue representing these earthly kingdoms; and Nebudchadnezzar's was represented as the gold head of the body.

Chapter three of Daniel begins by telling us that Nebudchadnezzar had a gold statue of himself built in the land of Babylon. I thought this was quite interesting. Where do we think he got the idea that he should be represented by gold from? He probably got it from the dream that God GAVE him. But he seemed to have missed the point. He took the idea of being a gold head and made it into a whole statue. Not only that, but he missed the point that the dream was ultimately about the Kingdom of God that would remain standing after all earthly kingdoms have been destroyed.

How many times have I done this? How many times have I taken a revelation from God and run with it in the direction that feeds my own desires and ego? How many times have I missed the point of a vision God has given me? How many times have I made the entire story about me, when it was really a story God was telling me about Himself that I was merely blessed enough to be included in? When have you taken a word from the Lord and run with it? BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. Wow...Janis, awesome, practical, relevant and meaningful insight FROM THE WORD OF GOD...How refreshing, thank you..

    ReplyDelete