Friday, December 3, 2010

Towers and Beaches

I'm sitting here at the beach on our day off on
Mandisa's Christmas tour, and I'm LOVing it! Anyone who loves nature knows that it's a wonderful place to hear unexpected things from the Lord. Looking at the ocean, I'm recalling something my father said before. He said, "I imagine that when Adam looked at the ocean originally, he could see straight to the bottom." It's something that has stuck with me over the years, because I love and am fascinated with the ocean.

It started me to thinking today: Was Adam exposed to the ocean in the Garden of Eden or outside of it? I'm not sure. What I do know is that Hawaii has some of the prettiest beaches in the world right now, and I'm sure Adam wasn't quite there. Then I started to think of God's instruction to Adam and Noah--be fruitful and multiply. God wanted them to literally fill this big earth that He made for us.

I learned a couple of months ago that God's destruction of the Tower of Babel wasn't just about people trying to reach Heaven; but it was also about people NOT spreading out and filling the earth like He had told them to. The Bible actually says that the people's intentions were to "make themselves famous and keep from being scattered all over the world. (NLT)" God's confusing their language succeeded in scattering them, as was His original plan.

Cut to today when we love to travel and enjoy the beauty of this earth in different locations. I think as people we are so afraid of not having the sustenance and wonder of today, tomorrow. When, really, God's sustenance and wonders of tomorrow are far greater than what we can manipulate and store up today.

We almost missed out on the most beautiful places in the world by building the Tower of Babel. What towers are you building today?
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment